The Dominion Organ and Piano Company is thought to have been founded around 1870, and was renamed the Dominion Organ Co. in 1875. It specialized in cabinet reed organs, distinctive for the reed-qualifying tubes which replaced tuning slides to give even-register voicing. Dominion organs won various international medals and prizes in the United States and Europe. Although they had produced a large number of superb quality organs, the company closed in 1936, a victim of the Great Depression of the mid-1930s.
The Dominion Organ in the Min-On collection was manufactured in 1905 and presented by Maestro Siegfried Andraschek of the Vienna Operetta Orchestra. It is easy to appreciate the distinctive quality of the workmanship from this internationally acclaimed organ manufacturer.